About Me
What Does it  Cost?

My name is Karen Olsen.   I am a retired Revenue Officer with 20 years of experience in the Internal Revenue Service and I have been assisting people since I retired with tax problems as an Enrolled Agent working privately with individuals and businesses. I specialize in helping individuals who have problems with the IRS. I am an Enrolled Agent, authorized to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.  I can help you:

If you haven't filed returns for years and want to bring your
account up to date.

If you owe money to the IRS and can't pay in full.

Understand the complicated tax code and refer you to competent local professionals who are reasonable in their charges to prepare your tax return for you.

You may see a lot of ads on television for people to represent you.  Please check them out before calling me. 

They will....

Ask you for a credit card to charge an expensive retainer.

Mail you complicated forms for you to complete.

Have a different person for you to talk to each time you call.  Usually this person is not an attorney, CPA, or enrolled agent and is not authorized to talk to the IRS on your behalf.  They often call themselves "tax counselors".  Remember, "tax counselors" are the sales force for the large firms!

I will.....

Ask you for a reasonable retainer, and you will be pleasantly surprised that my fees are very affordable.

Work closely with you to complete the necessary forms.

Personally negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on your behalf and find the best solution for you or your business.

After retiring from the Internal Revenue Service, I practiced in East Central Illinois for 10 years.  In 2012 I decided to relocate to the Nashville, Tennessee area.  At this time, I'm limiting my practice to the Nashville geographical area and Central Illinois and points between.